MTSU
READING

MTSU President McPhee recognizes Campus School on ...

MTSU President McPhee recognizes Campus School on 85th anniversary (VIDEO)

Noting its special role in educating students and preparing future teachers for the classroom, MTSU President Sidney A. McPhee made a special presentation May 8 to the students, faculty and staff of Homer Pittard Campus School in recognition of its 85th anniversary at its Lytle Street location.

With Blue Raider mascot Lightning on hand to delight the youngsters gathered inside the school’s gymnasium, McPhee reminded the students of the benefits of attending a special school.

 

 

The longtime K-5 teaching laboratory school is owned by Middle Tennessee State University and jointly operated by MTSU and Rutherford County Schools. It got its start in 1911 when Middle Tennessee Normal College opened an elementary school inside Kirksey Old Main, the administration building at the time. Campus School opened the Lytle Street building in 1929.

You can learn more about the anniversary celebration at http://mtsunews.com/campus-school-85th-anniversary.


COMMENTS ARE OFF THIS POST

INSTAGRAM
WE ARE TRUE BLUE