MTSU will be closed Monday, Sept. 5, in observance of Labor Day. All business offices will be closed and no classes will be held that day.
Offices will reopen at 8 a.m. and all fall semester classes will resume at their normal times Tuesday, Sept. 6.
Classes will be held Sept. 3 for students taking Saturday classes.
Some venues will have operating hours during the holiday weekend. They include:
- the MTSU Student Union, which will be open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 2; noon to 10 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 3-4; open noon to midnight Sept. 5. For regular operating hours, visit www.mtsu.edu/mtunions/hours.php.
- Phillips Bookstore in the Student Union, which will be open 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday and closed Sunday and Monday and will reopen at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday.
- the James E. Walker Library, which will be open 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and 2 to 10 p.m. Sunday. The library will be closed Monday and will reopen at 7 a.m. Tuesday. For the library’s regular hours of operation, visit http://library.mtsu.edu/hours.php.
- the Campus Recreation Center, which will be open 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday. The Rec Center will be closed Labor Day and will reopen at 6 a.m. Tuesday. For all center hours, visit www.mtsu.edu/camprec/hours.php.
- the Student Health Services and the Campus Pharmacy, located in the Student Health, Wellness and Recreation Center. They’ll be open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, closed Saturday, Sunday and Labor Day and will reopen at 8 a.m. Tuesday. For all Health Services and pharmacy hours, visit www.mtsu.edu/healthservices and www.mtsu.edu/pharmacy.
To find MT Dining food venues open during the weekend, visit http://mtsu.campusdish.com/Locations.
MTSU’s weekend activities will include MTSU’s season-opening football game against Alabama A&M at 6 p.m. Sept. 3 in Floyd Stadium.
— Randy Weiler (Randy.Weiler@mtsu.edu)