The May 2014 edition of “Out of the Blue,” MTSU’s video magazine, features fascinating campus news stories ranging from a prehistoric cave preservation project to an award-winning NASA Rover design for future space voyagers.
Check out this month’s program, produced by Mike Browning of the Office of News and Media Relations, to learn more about:
- MTSU students whose creativity brought the art deco style of “The Great Gatsby” to a campus fashion show.
- A series of town hall meetings on campus discussing efforts to help MTSU’s students stay on track to graduation and successful careers.
- An unusual academic partnership with a Nashville high school and its young people interested in aviation, as well as the latest award for MTSU’s “moon buggy” team.
- Efforts by MTSU scholars and the City of Murfreesboro to preserve and protect a site whose history far predates its 20th-century reputation as a speakeasy. This month’s cover story showcases the meticulous work of the team investigating Black Cat Cave.
- Guest speakers with expertise ranging from international affairs to Major League Baseball.
- Great news for MTSU’s student-athletes and the MT baseball team, and more.
You can watch “Out of the Blue” online anytime at www.youtube.com/user/MTSUOutOfTheBlue, or watch on Murfreesboro cable Channel 9 daily at 7 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. and on NewsChannel5+ every Sunday at 3 p.m.
“Out of the Blue” also is available on other cable outlets in Middle Tennessee, so check local listings to watch and enjoy the show.
Visit and bookmark the “Out of the Blue” online archives, too, at www.youtube.com/user/MTSUOutOfTheBlue.