MTSU will be closed Thursday and Friday, Nov. 22-23, in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
No classes will be held and all offices will be closed as students, faculty, staff and administrators observe the holiday with families and friends. Also, no classes will be held on Saturday, Nov. 24.
Classes will resume at their regular times on Monday, Nov. 26. All offices will reopen at 8 a.m. that day.
Thanksgiving dinner for students will be served in the Scarlett Commons Clubhouse Thursday from 2 until 5 p.m. The MTSU Parents Association, MT Dining and Housing and Residential Life are sponsoring the meal, which will be prepared by ARAMARK/MT Dining.
All MT Dining locations will be closed Thursday. The following locations will be open the rest of the long weekend:
- McCallie Dining Hall — 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday;
- Student Union Building Provisions on Demand and Panda Express — noon to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 4 to 10 p.m. Sunday;
- Cyber Café Market and Subway — 4 to 10 p.m. Sunday;
- Starbucks in the James E. Walker Library — 3 p.m. Sunday to 1 a.m. Monday; and
- Popeye’s in Student Union Building — 4 to 10 p.m. Sunday.
The campus will be full of activity on Saturday as the Blue Raiders host Troy in a 2:30 p.m. Sun Belt Conference football game in Floyd Stadium and MTSU hosts Texas Southern at 6 p.m. in Murphy Center in a nonconference men’s basketball game. Visit goblueraiders.com for details.
The James E. Walker Library will reopen on Sunday, Nov. 25, at 1 p.m. and will remain open until 2 a.m. Monday. The Campus Recreation Center will be open from 2 to 10 p.m. Sunday.
In case of campus emergencies during the holiday weekend, call MTSU Police at 615-898-2424.
— Randy Weiler (Randy.Weiler@mtsu.edu)