The fourth annual Department of Accounting Continuing Professional Education Day at Middle Tennessee State University was held Dec. 6 in the Business and Aerospace Building’s State Farm Lecture Hall.
The conference’s continuing professional education seminars included presentations on accounting and financial reporting, auditing, taxation and ethics. Participants earned up to eight hours of CPE credit.
The 22nd annual Department of Accounting Alumni CPE Day at MTSU will held Thursday, May 2, 2013. For more information, visit the Department of Accounting website at www.mtsu.edu/accounting or call 615-898-5306.
The sessions and presenters included:
- “Working at Your Best,” Angie Grissom, chief operating officer and executive vice president, The Rainmaker Companies;
- “Financial Accounting Standards Board Update,” Dr. Paula Thomas, MTSU accounting professor;
- “Tax Update,” Dr. Tim Koski, MTSU accounting professor;
- “Corporate Sustainability Reporting,” Dr. Jeannie Harrington, MTSU associate professor of accounting;
- “Fraud and Liability Update,” Dr. Sandy Benson, MTSU assistant professor of business law;
- “Governmental Accounting Standards Board Update,” Dr. G. Robert “Smitty” Smith Jr., accounting department chair;
- “General Ethics,” Dr. Stan Clark, accounting associate professor;
- “Audit Update,” Dr. Anne Wilkins, accounting assistant professor;
- “Pharmaceutical Industry Data Mining Shielded by Supreme Court Ruling … for Now,” Dr. Lara W. Daniel, professor of business law, and Dr. Katie Kemp, assistant professor of marketing; and
- “Tennessee State Specific Ethics,” Mark Crocker, executive director of the Tennessee State Board of Accountancy.
COMMENTS ARE OFF THIS POST