Fall 2017 commencement at Middle Tennessee State University will be held in two ceremonies on Saturday, Dec. 16. They’re scheduled for:
• 9 a.m. Dec. 16 for students in MTSU’s College of Graduate Studies, College of Basic and Applied Sciences, Jennings A. Jones College of Business, and the College of Education.
• 2 p.m. Dec. 16 for students in MTSU’s College of Behavioral and Health Sciences, College of Media and Entertainment, College of Liberal Arts, and University College.
Nashville chef and artisan brewery founder Maneet Chauhan will be the guest speaker for both ceremonies.
Commencement ceremonies are held in the Monte Hale Arena inside the Charles M. Murphy Athletic Center on the northwest side of the MTSU campus. Maps and driving directions are available here. You can find a printable diagram of seating at Murphy Center here.
Special note: Middle Tennessee Boulevard remains under construction through fall 2018. Please plan for traffic delays and use the north (Greenland Drive), south (East Main and Baird Lane) and west (Rutherford Boulevard) campus entrances/exits to ease traffic congestion.
Detailed information for undergraduate students about fall 2017 commencement, including deadlines, attendance, caps and gowns, ceremony DVD purchases, access for guests with disabilities, and more, is available here. Details for graduate students about fall 2017 commencement is available here.
A final list of all graduates will be available early in the semester following commencement on this page.
GradImages of Tallahassee, Fla., is the official photographer for MTSU commencement ceremonies. The company contacts all graduating students via email with information on commencement photo proofs, prices, etc. For information on commencement photos, visit www.gradimages.com or call 800-261-2576.
• Undergraduate commencement instructions.
• Graduate School commencement instructions.
• Cap-and-gown information.
• Graduation photos.
• Commencement DVDs.
• Parking details, including access for guests with disabilities.
• Visitors’ information from the Rutherford County Convention and Visitors Bureau.