MTSU’s third annual Department of Accounting Continuing Professional Education Day will be held Thursday, Dec. 8, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. in the Business and Aerospace Building’s State Farm Lecture Hall.
Seminars during the conference include presentations on accounting and financial reporting, auditing, taxation and ethics presented by Department of Accounting faculty. Participants can earn up to eight hours of CPE credit. The cost is $150, which includes all seminars, materials and lunch.
The sessions include:
- “Financial Accounting Standards Board Update” by MTSU accounting professor Dr. Paula Thomas;
- “Tennessee Ethics” from Mark Crocker, executive director of the Tennessee Board of Accountancy in Nashville;
- “How ‘Legal Thinking’ Can Aid the Auditor” by Dr. Sandy Benson, an assistant professor of business law;
- “Tax Update and Tax Planning” from Dr. Tim Koski, accounting professor;
- “General Ethics” by Associate Professor Stan Clark of MTSU’s Department of Accounting;
- “Government Accounting Standards Board Update” from Dr. G. Robert “Smitty” Smith Jr., interim accounting department chair;
- “International Financial Reporting Standards” by Dr. Jeannie Harrington, an associate professor of accounting;
- “Audit Update” from Bill Mooningham, a retired partner of Ernst & Young as well as an MTSU alumnus and accounting instructor;
- “Leveraging Technology in the Modern Accounting Firm” by Eric Clements of Randall Matlock & Associates P.C. in Murfreesboro; and
- “Detecting Deception” from Daniel Porter, an investigative auditor for the State Audit Division of the Tennessee Department of Audit in Nashville.
To register or get more information, visit the Department of Accounting website at www.mtsu.edu/accounting or call 615-898-5306.
The 21st annual Department of Accounting Alumni CPE Day at MTSU will be held on Thursday, April 26, 2012.
— Randy Weiler (Randy.Weiler@mtsu.edu)
COMMENTS ARE OFF THIS POST