The MTSU Alumni Association is planning a summer of fun for alumni and friends of the university.
Special alumni nights at baseball games being played across Tennessee in Chattanooga, Murfreesboro, Memphis, Nashville and Jackson and outings at Nashville Shores and Dollywood theme park in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, are scheduled.
Reservation details, including ticket prices for the various events, can be found at http://www.mtalumni.com/.
“We’ve lined up some great activities for our alumni and friends and their families,” said Paul Wydra, MTSU Alumni Relations assistant director.
“We’re pretty excited about the MTSU month at Dollywood,” Wydra added. “This is our first time to do that, and it’s a generous discount. We thought it would be really convenient that they could have any one day in the month of July to go.”
The complete schedule:
• 6 p.m. ET Thursday, May 1 — MTSU Alumni and Friends Night at the Chattanooga Lookouts, AT&T Field, 201 Power Alley, in Chattanooga. Gates open at 6; first pitch for Lookouts vs. Tennessee Smokies Class AA Southern League game will be at 7:15;
• 5 p.m. Friday, May 2 — Young Alumni tailgate at MTSU vs. Kent State, Reese Smith Jr. Stadium at the intersection of Faulkinberry Drive and Champion Way. First pitch: 6 p.m. Online code for young alumni 35 and under to receive $4 tickets: “TRUEBLUE;”
• 5 p.m. Saturday, June 7 — MTSU Alumni and Friends Night at the Memphis Redbirds, AutoZone Park, 200 Union Ave., in downtown Memphis. Gates open at 5 p.m.; first pitch for Redbirds vs. Nashville Sounds Class AAA Pacific Coast League game will be at 6:05. Deadline to register: Friday, May 23;
• 6:05 p.m. Friday, June 13 — MTSU Alumni and Friends Night with the Nashville Sounds, Herschel Greer Stadium, 534 Chestnut St., in Nashville. Gates open at 6:05 p.m. First pitch for Sounds vs. Tacoma Rainers Class AAA PCL game will be at 7:05;
• 6:05 p.m. Friday, July 11 — MTSU Alumni and Friends Night with the Jackson Generals, The Ballpark at Jackson, 4 Fun Place, just off Interstate 40 in Jackson. Gates open at 6:05; first pitch for the Generals vs. Birmingham Barons Class AA Southern League game will be at 7:05. Note: Admission to this game is free for alumni and friends and MTSU students wearing any MTSU apparel;
• 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, July 25 — MTSU Alumni and Friends Day at Nashville Shores, 4001 Bell Road, Hermitage, Tennessee. Admission fees include entrance to the park and lunch. Make online reservations by Tuesday, July 15; and
• July 1-31 — MTSU Alumni and Friends Month at Dollywood, 2700 Dollywood Parks Blvd., Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. Discounted adult and children’s tickets must be purchased online, with a reservation deadline of Friday, June 20;
The food at all four ballparks and Nashville Shores (a one-hour buffet from noon to 1 p.m.) will be all you can eat.
For more information, call 615-898-2922.
— Randy Weiler (Randy.Weiler@mtsu.edu)