Because construction projects will impact several campus streets and parking lots this fall, university administrators strongly encourages students, faculty, staff and visitors to plan ahead for their commutes, watch out for pedestrians, observe detours, use the Raider Xpress shuttle service and strictly observe the 15 mph speed limit on campus.
Please be advised of the following impacts to vehicle and pedestrian traffic:
• Faulkinberry Drive is open at Middle Tennessee Boulevard with Right-In/Right-Out entry and exit only. Motorists are asked to use extreme caution at the intersection as construction continues and workers are present.
• Pedestrian crossing signals are installed and operating at both Faulkinberry and Bell Street. Since these are still very active construction areas, transportation officials recommend that pedestrians with visual and/or mobility disabilities utilize the Raider Xpress Green Route to access the Bell Street Lot and/or Ellington Building.
• Faulkinberry is temporarily closed to through traffic from Normal Way to Champions Way. White Decal parking will be permitted in accessible spaces on Faulkinberry.
• Military Memorial, behind Keathley University Center, will remain closed for the next three to four weeks. Access to White Decal parking in the Jones Lot will be permitted via Normal Way at MTSU Boulevard.
• For the safety of campus pedestrians, the arm gate alongside the Cope Administration Building will be closed. Faculty and staff seeking access to the Midgett Lot, Jones Lot and Old Main Circle are advised to enter campus via Faulkinberry at Middle Tennessee Boulevard. All other students, faculty, and staff are asked to avoid this section of campus and enter via any of the other campus entrances.
• The Raider Xpress shuttle will operate on its traditional routes (Raider Express Map) on the following schedule:
- 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., Monday through Thursday (Red and Blue Routes)
- 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Thursday (Green Route)
- 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday (Red, Blue and Green Routes)
The campus community is encouraged to use the exterior parking lots and take advantage of our campus shuttle service via Raider Xpress.