MTSU will be closed Monday, Sept. 4, for the Labor Day Holiday. No classes will be held and all business and department offices will be closed.
Campus offices will reopen Tuesday, Sept. 5, at 8 a.m. and classes resume at their regular times that day.
Students taking Saturday classes are expected to attend Saturday, Sept. 2.
During Labor Day weekend, certain buildings will be open for full or partial hours. These include:
• Student Union Building — open from 6 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 1; open from 4 to 11 p.m. (MTSU-Alabama watch party from 6:30 to 10 p.m.) Sept. 2; and closed Sept. 5-6.
• MTSU Phillips Bookstore (in Student Union) — open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sept. 1; open from 10a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 2, but enter from MTSU Boulevard side of building; and closed Sept. 3-4.
• James E. Walker Library — open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sept. 1; open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sept. 2; open from 1 to 9 p.m. Sept. 3; and closed Sept. 4.
• Campus Recreation Center — facility open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sept. 1; facility open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., with indoor pool open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and outdoor pool open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 2; facility open from noon to 5 p.m., with outdoor pool open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 3; facility open from 8 to 11 a.m. Sept. 4, but pools closed and outdoor pool closed for the season.
• Campus Pharmacy (in Student Health, Wellness and Recreation Center) — open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 1 (drive-thru open until 4:30 p.m.); and closed Sept. 2-4.
• Student Health Services (in Student Health, Wellness and Recreation Center) — open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 1; and closed Sept. 2-4. Note: An after-hours advice nurse is available by calling 615-898-2988, then follow the prompts. For a life-threatening emergency, call 911.
To find MT Dining food venues open during the weekend, visit https://mtsu.campusdish.com/LocationsAndMenus.
— Randy Weiler (Randy.Weiler@mtsu.edu)