Hone your accounting skills and earn educational credits at the upcoming annual Department of Accounting CPE Day at Middle Tennessee State University.
Registration is now open for the fifth annual event, which will be held from 8 a.m. to 4:50 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, in the Business and Aerospace Building, State Farm Lecture Hall.
CPE, or Continuing Professional Education, seminars on accounting and financial reporting, auditing, taxation and ethics will be presented by MTSU faculty and area professionals. Participants can earn up to eight hours of CPE credit. The cost is $175, which includes all seminars, materials and lunch.
The sessions include:
• “Private Companies Financial Reporting,” by David Morgan, managing partner, Lattimore, Black, Morgan & Cain
• “Tennessee State Specific Ethics,” by Mark Crocker, executive director, Tennessee State Board of Accountancy
• “FASB Update,” by Dr. Stan Clark, associate professor of accounting
• “Problem Solving for Auditing and Other Uses,” by Dr. Rebekah Heath, assistant professor of accounting
• “GASB Update,” by Dr. G. Robert Smith Jr., chair, MTSU Department of Accounting
• “Tax Update,” by Dr. Denise Leggett, assistant professor of accounting
• “Audit Update,” by Bill Mooningham, accounting faculty
• “Legal Issues,” by Dr. Sandy Benson, associate professor of business law
To register or get more information, visit the Department of Accounting website at http://www.mtsu.edu/accounting or call the department at 615-898-5306.
Also, the 23rd annual Department of Accounting Alumni CPE Day at MTSU will held on Thursday, May 1, 2014.