MTSU will be closed Monday, Sept. 1, for the Labor Day holiday. No classes will be held and all business offices and academic departments will be closed.
Classes will resume at their regularly scheduled times Tuesday, Sept. 2. All offices will reopen at 8 a.m. Tuesday.
Students who take Saturday classes are expected to attend them Aug. 30.
There will be plenty of foot and automobile traffic in and around campus Saturday, with the Blue Raiders 6 p.m. home football season opener against visiting Savannah State.
Here are weekend openings and closings around campus:
- Student Union — open from noon to midnight Saturday through Monday (Aug. 30-Sept. 1) and reopening at 6 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 2.
- Phillips Bookstore in the Student Union — open until 5 p.m. Friday and from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, and closed Sunday and Monday.
- Student Health, Wellness and Recreation Center — open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, noon to 6 p.m. Sunday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday. The rec center reopens at 6 a.m. Tuesday.
- Campus Pharmacy — open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday, closed Saturday through Monday and reopens at 8 a.m. Tuesday.
- Student Health Services — open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, closed Saturday through Monday and reopening at 8 a.m. Tuesday.w
- James E. Walker Library — open from 7 a.m. Friday to 2 a.m. Saturday, open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and closed Sunday and Monday. It will reopen at 7 a.m. Tuesday; and
- ARAMARK/MT Dining — For hours of operation during the weekend and Monday, visit www.campusdish.com/en-US/CSS/MiddleTennessee/Locations.
— Randy Weiler (Randy.Weiler@mtsu.edu)