Several of the stories in the October 2013 edition of “Out of the Blue,” MTSU’s video magazine, share a common theme of service, whether to campus, community or country. Check out this month’s program to learn more about
- the “True Blue Community Initiative” initiated by campus neighbors to show support for the university;
- the “Freshman Day of Service,” where newcomers to MTSU as well as old hands volunteered to prepared more than 2,500 healthy snack packs for local after-school programs;
- a special visit from influential singer-songwriter Billy Bragg to kick off a new partnership for the Americana Music Association and the College of Mass Communication;
- a British battlefield archaeologist’s quest to bring answers to historic questions that have troubled nations for generations;
- a student veteran’s quest to share his service in Afghanistan “Through the Eyes of a Soldier”;
- a new mechatronics engineering program that will teach students to create life-, money- and time-saving processes, and more!
Watch the new “Out of the Blue” above anytime, or watch it on Murfreesboro cable Channel 9 Monday through Sunday at 7 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. and on NewsChannel5+ Sundays at 1:30 p.m. “Out of the Blue” also is available on cable outlets across Middle Tennessee, so check local listings.
Check the “Out of the Blue” online archives, too, at www.youtube.com/user/MTSUOutOfTheBlue !