Middle Tennessee State University students and faculty will enjoy a four-day break from classes Wednesday through Saturday, Nov. 21-24, and the university will be closed Thursday and Friday, Nov. 22-23, as the university family observes the Thanksgiving holiday.
Fall semester classes will resume Monday, Nov. 26, and all offices will be open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. that day.
A Thanksgiving dinner for students remaining on campus will be served in the Scarlett Commons Clubhouse from 2 to 5 p.m. Nov. 22. The MTSU Parent and Family Association will provide the food, which will be catered by MT Dining, and Housing and Residential Life staff will set up and serve the meal.
All other food venues will be closed that day.
The MT Lady Raiders basketball team entertains Mississippi Valley at 6 p.m. Nov. 21 in Murphy Center.
Activity picks up around Floyd Stadium and surrounding areas Nov. 24 as the football Blue Raiders entertain UAB on Senior Day. Kickoff is at 2 p.m.
Hours of operation for some buildings and offices during the holiday week include:
• Student Union — Open from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Nov. 21; closed Nov. 22-24; open from 6 to 10 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 25.
• James Union Building and Keathley University Center — Open 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Nov. 21; closed Nov. 22-25.
• James E. Walker Library — Open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Nov. 21; closed Nov. 22-24; open 1 p.m. Nov. 25 to 2 a.m. Nov. 26.
• Campus Recreation Center — Open 6 a.m.-2 p.m. Nov. 21; closed Nov. 22-25.
• Health Services — Open 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Nov. 21; closed Nov. 22-25.
• Campus Pharmacy — Open 8 a.m.-noon and 1-4 p.m. Nov. 21, with the drive-thru open until 4:30 p.m.; closed Nov. 22-25.
For Aramark/MT Dininglocations open Nov. 21-25, consult the MT Mobile App, look for posts on social media or visit https://mtsu.campusdish.com online and select “locations.” All food venues resume their regular hours Nov. 26.
— Randy Weiler (Randy.Weiler@mtsu.edu)