The January 2018 episode of “In the City,” Murfreesboro’s video magazine program hosted by MTSU alumna Michael Linn White, began airing this month on CityTV, according to a city of Murfreesboro news release.
White, the new host of the CityTV program, is a 2017 graduate of MTSU with a bachelor’s degree concentrating in multimedia journalism within the MTSU College of Media and Entertainment. A native of Oxford, Mississippi, White previously worked as a video journalist for WMBB-TV, the ABC affiliate in Panama City, Florida.
The news magazine show airs every day at 8:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. on Channel 3 and 1094 on Comcast Xfinity, Channel 99 on AT&T Uverse, Roku and YouTube.
Airing throughout January, “In the City” features include:
- A detailed look at the 2040 Major Transportation Plan.
- Election Day changes by the Rutherford County Election Commission to improve voting convenience.
- As the city adds more bike lanes and sidewalks to improve connectivity, citizens are being encouraged to avoid leaving yard debris and other obstructions in these avenues.
- An adaptive signal control technology system is being developed for Rutherford and Northfield boulevards in 2019.
- The busy intersection of state Route 96 (Franklin Road) and Veterans Parkway is being improved with the widening of a stretch of 96 to five lanes and rebuilding a bridge over Overall Creek.
- Plus, other City News, including opening of the Broad and Memorial bridge and the special census.
Citizens can watch the January program anytime on YouTube: