High school seniors planning to begin college at Middle Tennessee State University in August 2016, take note!
Guaranteed scholarships are available to prospective students who:
- Meet academic requirements.
- Complete the application.
- Pay the application fee by Tuesday, Dec. 1.
“Students don’t have to fill out any additional scholarship applications to be considered for any of our guaranteed scholarships, but what they must do is complete the admissions application to MTSU, including submission of the online application, application fee and sixth-semester high school transcripts, by Dec. 1,” said Laurie Witherow, associate vice provost for undergraduate recruitment in Student Affairs.
Guaranteed scholarships range from $2,000 to $5,000 a year for four years. They include:
- Chancellor — $5,000 per year. Requires a minimum 30 or higher ACT, 1320 or higher SAT and 3.5 grade-point average.
- Presidential — $4,000 per year. Requires a 28 ACT (1240 SAT) and 3.5 GPA.
- True Blue — $3,000 per year. Requires a 26 ACT (1170 SAT) and 3.5 GPA.
- Provost — $2,000 per year. Requires a 25 ACT (1130 SAT) and 3.5 GPA.
Recipients, who must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents, must meet GPA, enrollment, service where applicable, and satisfactory academic progress requirements to maintain eligibility.
More information can be found at www.mtsu.edu/scholarships.
Failing to meet the Dec. 1 deadline may be a missed opportunity for a major scholarship. Applications received after Dec. 1 risk scholarship money not being available. Applications mailed to MTSU must be postmarked Dec. 1.
To learn more about the University Honors College and Buchanan Fellowship, the highest award given to an entering MTSU freshman, visit www.mtsu.edu/honors.
— Randy Weiler (Randy.Weiler@mtsu.edu)