MTSU Health Promotion is offering a health screening day Thursday, Feb. 22, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Campus Recreation Center lobby in the Student Health, Wellness and Recreation Center, 1848 Blue Raider Drive.
The Health Promotion office provides the health screenings because preventative health care is an important part of an overall healthy lifestyle, said Lisa Schrader, director of health education programs.
The event is free to all MTSU students, faculty and staff.
“We are offering a day of assorted health screenings so that our students and employees can learn about their health and wellness and identify any problem areas before they become serious,” Schrader said.
As an example, Schrader said a blood pressure screening can alert a person of abnormalities that could indicate an increased risk for heart disease or stroke.
“Taking just a few moments out of your day to do these screenings could help improve your quality of life for years to come,” she added.
At the event, participants can take part in the following:
- Hearing screenings, presented by the MTSU Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic.
- Vision screenings, presented by MTSU Health Promotion.
- Blood pressure screenings, presented by MTSU Campus Pharmacy.
- Fitness assessments, presented by MTSU Campus Rec.
- Dental screenings, presented by Interfaith Dental Clinic. Dental screenings are available only to students without dental insurance; students can call Health Services at 615-898-2988 to schedule a dental screening time .
- Healthy eating information, presented by MTSU Campus Rec Nutrition Mentors.
- Bone marrow registry information, presented by Be The Match.
- Raider Health Corps membership information.
— Randy Weiler (Randy.Weiler@mtsu.edu)