MTSU’s Jennings A. Jones College of Business recently presented its annual faculty and staff awards in a virtual ceremony.
Jones College Dean David Urban, who presided over the event, praised all of the award recipients for their contributions in their respective areas. A video of the awards ceremony is available above.
The recipients of this year’s awards include:
• State Farm Outstanding Professor Award: Adam Smith, assistant professor, Department of Management.
• Bridgestone Americas Distinguished Lecturer Award: Wisarut Suwanprasert, assistant professor, Department of Economics and Finance.
• Bill and Kathy Jones Outstanding Professor Award: Melinda Korzaan, professor, Department of Information Systems and Analytics.
• Outstanding Dale Carnegie Trainer Award: Sean Salter, assistant dean.
Winners of the college’s E.W. “Wink” Midgett Awards are:
• Distinguished Teaching: Greg Nagel, associate professor, Department of Economics and Finance.
• Distinguished Research: Jeff Stark, assistant professor, Department of Economics and Finance.
• Distinguished Service: Millicent Nelson, associate professor, Department of Management.
• Award of Excellence: Nita Brooks, professor, Department of Information Systems and Analytics and interim vice provost for academic programs.
• Outstanding Staff Member: Allyson Baugh, graduate business adviser.
The college also added a new Dean’s Special Award of Merit, presenting it to Carlos Coronel, director of Jones College IT Resources, for his “tireless efforts on behalf of our faculty, staff and students in information technology, especially in the wake of COVID-19.”
Urban applauded Coronel for his “visionary” efforts “in keeping Jones College of Business at the forefront of technological innovation, not just in terms of research technology but in terms of classroom technology.”