The March 2014 edition of “Out of the Blue,” MTSU’s video magazine, features an in-depth tour of MTSU’s new science building under construction via the lens of two student journalists.
Check out this month’s program, produced by Mike Browning of the Office of News and Media Relations, to learn more about:
- MTSU’s new $147 million science building, via a video tour of the interior crafted by editors of MTSU’s student newspaper, Sidelines, and hosted by Dr. Bud Fischer, dean of the College of Basic and Applied Sciences.
- Students in MTSU’s Public History Program who put their handiwork on a traveling Civil War exhibit showcased at the James E. Walker Library.
- MTSU’s Baldwin Photographic Gallery, which reopened in its 50th year with help from photo artists Jerry Uelsmann and Maggie Taylor, a husband-and-wife team known for stretching the boundaries of traditional photography. This month’s cover story showcases their special lecture on postvisualization techniques.
- Hangzhou Normal University’s “An Oriental Monsoon,” a special performance sponsored by MTSU’s Confucius Institute.
- Record-breaking news for MTSU’s basketball teams, along with the Power of Pink game, and more.
You can watch “Out of the Blue” online anytime at www.youtube.com/user/MTSUOutOfTheBlue, or watch on Murfreesboro cable Channel 9 daily at 7 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. and on NewsChannel5+ every Sunday at a new time — 3 p.m.
“Out of the Blue” also is available on other cable outlets in Middle Tennessee, so check local listings to watch and enjoy the show.
Visit and bookmark the “Out of the Blue” online archives, too, at www.youtube.com/user/MTSUOutOfTheBlue.