MTSU has finalized its tornado-siren testing schedule for the 2017-18 academic year.
MTSU tests its tornado sirens on campus and at the Miller Coliseum Complex each month to ensure proper operations. Each test lasts only a few moments, and no safety actions are required.
The MTSU Police Department conducts the monthly tests on alternating Tuesdays and Wednesdays to minimize distractions for classes and community neighbors. The university also notifies the campus and surrounding neighborhoods before these monthly tests.
Members of the campus community can prepare for emergency weather situations anytime by checking MTSU’s list of recommended shelter locations at http://tinyurl.com/MTSUTornadoShelters.
Remember: In the event of a weather emergency, MTSU students, faculty automatically receive a Rave alert at their MTSU email addresses. They can also receive text and/or voice alerts by visiting www.mtsunews.com/weather and using the “click here and log in” link to change notification preferences.
Classes for MTSU’s fall 2017 semester begin Monday, Aug. 26.
2017-18 Academic Year Schedule for Tornado-Siren Testing
- Tuesday, Aug. 8, 2017, 12:20 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2017, 11:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 10, 2017, 12:20 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 8, 2017, 11:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 12, 2017, 12:20 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 10, 2018, 11:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 13, 2018, 12:20 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 11:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 12:20 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 9, 2018, 11:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 12:20 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 11:15 a.m.