MTSU has finalized its monthly tornado-siren testing schedule for the 2019-20 academic year and has changed the test days to better serve the university community.
MTSU tests its tornado sirens on campus and at the Miller Coliseum Complex each month to ensure proper operations. Each test lasts only a few moments, and safety actions aren’t required.
Beginning Monday, Aug. 5, the MTSU Police Department will begin testing the siren system on the first Monday of each month at 11:20 a.m. to minimize distractions for classes and community neighbors.
The university will continue to notify the campus community before these monthly tests, but the new, more regular schedule should prove easier to remember. If the test date falls on a university holiday, the department will still conduct the test at the regular time.
MTSU’s campus community can prepare for emergency weather situations anytime by checking the university’s list of recommended shelter sites at http://tinyurl.com/MTSUTornadoShelters.
Remember: When there’s a weather emergency, all students, faculty and staff automatically receive a Rave alert at their MTSU email addresses.
MTSU community members who also want text and/or voice alerts can visit www.mtsunews.com/weather and use the “click here and log in” link to make those notification changes.
MTSU’s summer 2019 commencement is set Saturday, Aug. 10. Classes for MTSU’s fall 2019 semester begin Monday, Aug. 26.
MTSU 2019-20 Academic Year Schedule for Tornado-Siren Testing
• Monday, Aug. 5, 2019, 11:20 a.m.
• Monday, Sept. 2, 2019, 11:20 a.m.
• Monday, Oct. 7, 2019, 11:20 a.m.
• Monday, Nov. 4, 2019, 11:20 a.m.
• Monday, Dec. 2, 2019, 11:20 a.m.
• Monday, Jan. 6, 2020, 11:20 a.m.
• Monday, Feb. 3, 2020, 11:20 a.m.
• Monday, March 2, 2020, 11:20 a.m.
• Monday, April 6, 2020, 11:20 a.m.
• Monday, May 4, 2020, 11:20 a.m.
• Monday, June 1, 2020, 11:20 a.m.
• Monday, July 6, 2020, 11:20 a.m.
— Gina E. Fann (email@example.com)