If you know a female MTSU college student who exhibits leadership potential, you can nominate her for the experience of a lifetime at an upcoming conference.
The American Association of University Women is accepting nominees now to attend the National Conference for College Women Student Leaders, slated for May 30 to June 2, 2018, at the University of Maryland, College Park.
AAUW’s Murfreesboro chapter will select one nominee for the Tennessee AAUW scholarship, which will pay the cost of registration to the conference.
If the Murfreesboro chapter nominee receives the state scholarship, the chapter will add $200 in travel funds to the stipend.
Nominees should be undergraduate women with some leadership experience and good communication skills. They also must be available to attend the conference if they receive the scholarship.
Nominations will be accepted until Monday, Jan. 15, 2018.
To nominate a student, send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• The student’s full name, mailing address, phone number and email address.
• The student’s major and expected graduation date.
• A list of the student’s extracurricular activities.
• A list of leadership positions the student has held.
• The student’s permission to be nominated, plus her agreement to attend the conference if selected.
• Your reasons for nominating the student and your opinion of how the student will benefit from the conference experience.
• A 250- to 300-word essay in which the student explains the most valuable lessons she has learned from their extracurricular activities and leadership experiences and how she expects to benefit from attending the conference.
AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research. AAUW membership is open to college students and anyone with a college degree, including a two-year degree.
For more information about the debate, contact Dia Cirillo at 773-677-4238 or president@AAUW-Murfreesboro.org.
— Gina K. Logue (email@example.com)