The MTSU Department of Engineering Technology‘s annual open house celebrated the completion of the 2012-13 academic year and the students’ varied accomplishments.
About 20 students’ senior projects and accompanying posters were showcased in Cantrell Hall of the Tom H. Jackson Building. Outside, a number of projects from the Experimental Vehicles Program were on display. Watch a brief video from the open house above.
During the event, the department recognized eight outstanding students for the previous year, two scholarship recipients for 2012-13 and 14 scholarship recipients for 2013-14.
Outstanding Students, 2012-13
- Commercial Construction Management — Max Barrett, White House, Tennessee, junior.
- Land Development/Residential Building — Jason Harrison, Lascassas, Tennessee, May 11 graduate.
- Computer Engineering Technology — Stephen Luke Franczek, Murfreesboro, senior.
- Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technology — Dexter Baker, Spring Hill, Tennessee, May 11 graduate.
- Mechanical Engineering Technology — William Simmons, Gallatin, Tennessee, senior.
- Energy Technology — Nick Paul Daniels, Smyrna, Tennessee, senior.
- Engineering Technology Graduate Student — Mark Young, Murfreesboro, May 11 graduate.
- National Association of Home Builders Student Chapter Outstanding Student 2012-13 — Jason Harrison, Lascassas, May 11 graduate.
Julian Bell Scholarship — Jason Harrison, Lascassas, May 11 graduate; and Brad Johnson, Nolensville, Tennessee, senior.
- Charles F. Byrd Scholarship — Maggie P. Bleem, Spring Hill, graduate student in occupational health and safety.
- Freeman-Redditt Scholarship — DeWayne D. White, Memphis, Tennessee, freshman.
- O.L. Freeman Scholarship — Hugh A. Wolfe, Murfreesboro, senior.
- Dr. Richard Gould Scholarship — DeWayne D. White.
- Douglas R. Kanitz Scholarship — Michael B. Lucas, Joelton, Tennessee, sophomore; and Caleb M. McGray, Lawrenceburg, Tennessee, junior.
- Marvin Runyon Scholarship — Caleb A. Smith, Murfreesboro, sophomore.
- TDK Construction Scholarship — Petar A. Angelov, Nashville, Tennessee, senior.
- Edwin Voorhies Scholarship — Petar A. Angelov; Steven S. Culps, Murfreesboro, senior; Andrew I. Doyka, Westmoreland, Tennessee, sophomore; Eric C. Fleet, Murfreesboro, senior; Lynh N. Ho, Murfreesboro, senior; and Caleb A. Smith.
For more about the engineering technology program, visit www.mtsu.edu/et.
— Randy Weiler (Randy.Weiler@mtsu.edu)