MTSU faculty and staff contributed their perspectives to the media for stories on numerous topics, including Nashville’s history, hiring the disabled, recruiting international students and choosing credit cards, among other issues.
• Dr. Carroll Van West, director of the Center for Historic Preservation and Tennessee State Historian, participated in an April 9 panel discussion on the legacy of John Donelson, one of Nashville’s founding fathers. The video is available here.
West also participated in an April 23 panel discussion on the papers of another of Nashville’s founding fathers, James Robertson. The video can be seen here.
• Dr. Pramod Iyer, an assistant professor of marketing, offered tips on credit cards for consumers in an April 28 post at www.wallethub.com. His views can be accessed here.
• Lance Alexis, director of Americans with Disabilities Act compliance, offered tips on hiring mentally or physically disabled students or recent graduates in an April 30 post at www.collegerecruiter.com. His views can be read here.
• Ken Paulson, director of the Free Speech Center, was quoted by editor Dennis M. Lyons in the May 1 edition of The Daily Item of Sudbury, Pennsylvania, on the importance of the Mahanoy Area School District free speech case pending before the U.S. Supreme Court. Paulson’s comments can be accessed here.
• Andrea Rego, an instructor in the School of Agriculture, commented on students’ performance at the American Stock Horse Association Collegiate and National Show in a May 1 article in Mid-South Horse Review. Her remarks are available here.
• Dr. John Wilson, an international student recruiter, presented “Study in the U.S.A. with Scholarships” on May 3. The video can be viewed here.
• Dr. Charlie Apigian, a professor of information systems and analytics and co-director of the Data Science Institute, delivered a presentation titled “Rewarding Drivers for Providing the Transportation Disadvantaged with Rides to Work Sites” from the international meeting of the Transportation Research Forum. The video, which was posted May 3, is available here. Apigian’s presentation begins at about 3:05.
• Alicia Abney, advising manager for the College of Education, was quoted on her views of free speech when discussing racism in a May 4 article at www.infotoday.com. Her comments can be read here.
• Dr. Anne Anderson, holder of the Weatherford Chair of Finance in the Jennings A. Jones College of Business, suggested that National Guard members shop wisely for the best mortgage deals in a May 4 article at www.military.com. Her remarks can be accessed here.
Reporters seeking expertise from MTSU personnel, as well as members of the campus community with expertise for media, may contact Gina Logue in the Office of News and Media Relations at 615-631-8322 or via email at email@example.com.
— Gina K. Logue (firstname.lastname@example.org)